Thursday, January 25, 2007

Martha, my dear




Miss Martha is the resident spinner & dyer at the Folk School, and a kindred spirit. She keeps sheep & angora rabbits and dyes with plants & natural dyes and she cards & spins wool and knits lovely things. I am very pleased to have one of her creations - I've been wearing it all the time since I bought it on Saturday morning on my way home from the Folk School.

This tam (mine!) has handspun wool/angora in natural colors and yarn dyed with indigo and with cochineal.


Our lovely model today is Hedgie, knitted & felted from the Fiber Trends pattern. He looks pretty good in the tam, yes? I just felted a purple one for Ruby, but it still needs to be finished - eyes, nose and a short seam sewn up.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Your new tam is gorgeous. Hedgie is adorable. I'm going to have to check out Fiber Trends website.

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

The tam is so beautiful!