Monday, January 22, 2007

Another great week


at the John C Campbell Folk School!


This is just a quick post to let you know that I am back home, and that we had a very successful class. Pictured above, holding samples of their work, are the students - some old friends and some new friends. Back row, L to R: Thom, Kay, Chris & Richard; front row: Lynn, Kate & me!

Thanks to Richard for the photos.

I stopped at a new yarn store in Staunton, Virginia on my way south to teach a cable knitting class. If you are driving on I81 in Virginia sometime, stop by and check out On the Lamb. I left some Fleece Artist yarn there for Joe to sell along with all the other goodies in the shop. And I visited my friends Martha & Pam's fiber shop near the Folk School - The Yarn Circle. I am now the proud owner of one of Martha's handspun, handknit tams. I promise a photo of this once I get my camera back from being repaired...

There was a little personal fiber time in my Folk School week - I did finish my first Jaywalker sock and started the second, and wove off the cotton towel warp on my Baby Wolf so I could wind on the warp for the workshop I am taking this coming weekend - The Big Twill with Bonnie Inouye.

I have a busy week before me, catching up at work and at home after being gone last week. I'll be going to the ArtWorks conference in Richmond on Wednesday, too. I am hoping for some good knitting time there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like the class was successful!