Thursday, February 8, 2007

Snow! and The Yarn Diet


This is what we woke up to on Wednesday morning. Our first real snow - lovely, but not enough to keep us home. Ruby got a snow day, and I slept in a little and worked a half day. The view is out our back door, looking east at the Blue Ridge mountains. There are big white clouds scudding along the ridge, so you can't see the full height of the ridge.

We live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, just a few miles from the West Virginia panhandle. It's a beautiful part of the world.

I am theoretically posting to my blog instead of buying yarn online. The not buying yarn part is working pretty well - so far I've been looking but not purchasing - my last yarn or fiber purchase was on December 8th! So that's 2 months of abstinence. Damn, that's pretty good!

But I think I could blog more. My schedule has been so inconsistent lately and there's so much that needs my attention - taxes, financial aid applications for the 3 girls we'll have in college next year, planning tartan setts and the yarn order for the 11 students I'll be working with in Ohio next month... not to mention my job and the house and so on...

So, I am going to post my current knitting projects and then get back to work on those tartan drafts. Then I'll work on the taxes. My priorities are clear!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

your abstinence diet is impressive! I love seeing what you're up to, and the pictures of the Shenandoah really make my heart sing. There's nothing like "home" even when I no longer live in Virginia...