Friday, December 14, 2007

Stocking Update & eBay

First, some FOs in the Holiday Knitting category!

Nate's Socks - for my Vermont BIL. I'll have you know that that little eensy bit if yarn there is all the remaining yarn! I was trying to use up some leftovers...pretty good, huh?

Tiger Mitts for our Hannah who is 21 on Beethoven's birthday. The yarn is Opal Rainforest Tiger - the colors pool in such an interesting way.

The Lizard Ridge is still waiting to be sewn up - I need to hop on it, because it has a lot of seaming! I've been waiting to get Miss H's queen size bed cleared off so I could lay the whole afghan out and sew it up in sections. I've been reorganizing some of my stash in that room, so there was yarn everywhere. I promise to document the scene and report back.

Well, my first eBay auctions ended this week and all the little packages are in the mail- it was exciting and I learned a lot. For instance, don't use your wholesale price as the starting bid amount. Duh. But I didn't lose money, and even though I was wrong about the size of the flat rate envelopes, the shipping all came out fine except for one package, which only cost $1.30 more - so that was pretty good, too.

Next time I will use the Buy it Now feature and have a better pricing plan... and I will look into setting up an eBay store. I have a lot of inventory between shows, and this is a good way to get it out there for people to buy. I have changed my eBay name to peaceweavers - since my business name is Peace Weavers, that seemed like a good idea.

So - I finally got time to sit down and finish the intarsia portion of the Xmas stocking and I have turned the heel - almost done. This photo is from a few days ago, but hopefully the next post will include the FO in all it's glory!

I have 13 comments to my Blogiversary post, and the contest ends tomorrow. I'll check the blog again on Sunday and then draw two names and announce the winners on Monday.

Have a great weekend - we are hoping the storm will miss us here in the Shenandoah Valley.

No comments: