Friday, April 17, 2009

It's in the Mail


All kinds of things have been arriving at our house lately. Inventory for the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, which is always very exciting. And the other day, I got a small packet from Latvia- with knitted chickens! A hen and a rooster. These were made by Ruuta's grandmother. You can see her with them on ravelry, here.

There are a lot of chickens around the place. My sister Annie & I have been sending them to each other for many years now. The new fowl will join the home flock for now, but may fly up to Vermont someday, if I can bear to part with them.

I'm also thinking about knitting some chickens - I got a pattern and some yarn at Webs when we were in Northampton last month.

And then Peace Fleece came out with a new kit - Chicken Egg Covers! Chickens are everywhere.

I got some cute tape measures and some Wool Pets needle felting kits that will be in my Peace Weavers booth at Maryland Sheep & Wool, and there will be lots of Peace Fleece yarn and hand dyed Fleece Artist and Hand Maiden yarns.

New for Peace Weavers this year, we will have some natural colored wool yarns from the Faroe Islands, and some of the beautiful Jojoland sock & lace weight yarns. I'll post photos of these when they arrive!

I am knitting as fast as I can, hoping to have two new sweater models to show - Perl Grey's Kim done in Fleece Artist River, an aran weight yarn of alpaca, silk & merino. I am in love with this wonderful bluey color, called Twlight. This sweater is coming along well, with only one more sleeve to finish and then maybe some added length at the hem.

I'm also working on a Faery Ring in Peace Fleece worsted in this gorgeous color, Sheplova Mushroom. The fronts are done and the back is very close to being finished, but then I've got 2 sleeves to knit and the hood! Hopefully I'll get some good knitting time in over the next two weekends.
I'm going to add some shoulder slope to the front & back shoulders with short rows, and I may fiddle with the sleeves, depending on how time flies.
Have a great weekend - we finally have some lovely warm & sunny weather here in Virginia, after weeks of chilly damp. We don't have a central heating in our house, so the transitional seasons can be chilly. If we're home in the evenings we will sometimes light a fire in the woodstove, but often we get home late and just jump into bed. It will be nice to open up the house, air it out and be warm, too!

p.s. The apple blossoms and coming!

2 comments:

Mary in VA said...

Wow, I have quite the MD shopping list just looking at this post!!!!!

Mary in VA said...

Wow, I have quite the MD shopping list just looking at this post!!!!!