Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Secret Spinner loot!


I have already eaten all the cookies (well, Ruby helped...) so it is clearly overdue for me to post about my second Secret Spinner package. I got a skein of natural wool spun as a thick and thin single, and a package of the best chocolate cookies I've ever tasted! Plus a nice card from Jessica Riley, who has now revealed her true identity.

Thanks Jessica! I love the yarn, especially since I spin mostly fine, fine yarn. I gave it a wash in Fibremaster and it's lovely. And the cookies were so good.

I haven't decided what to knit with the yarn, but I think I'll use these two skeins together. I'll be sure to post when it turns into something!

On another note - I had a third try at the Rib Warmer vest. There isn't enough yardage in the one skein to make the vest on a #9 or a #10.5. I tried a #13 but the resulting fabric is too sleazy for my taste, so I give up. I'm going to order two skeins of the Scotian Silk in the new periodot color just to knit this vest, and knit up this skein of autumn as a scarf or wrap.

I'm considering just garter stitch, as I really liked the way to color was zig-zagging on the vest front. I'm also considering a narrower Calpotis or the Flying V Scarf from Iris Schreier's Exquisite Little Knits. Here is a link to the Flying V Shawl - rather wider, but you get the idea.

Thanks, CarolineF for pointing me to the Yarn Harlot's Rib Warmer! I was inspired to knit this pattern after seeing one on a friend - she knit her's in Kureyon. I think it's a great pattern, I just need more yarn!

No comments: