Thursday, May 15, 2008

me me!

I've been memed. For the first time! Jennifer memed me today, so here goes:

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
- Well, much of what I'm doing now, but at a different phase of life - working for the Bluemont Concert Series, which my husband founded in 1979 and we have been running together since we met in 1982. I started teaching weaving, knitting & needlework classes at the John C, Campbell Folk School in 1997, so that was a new and exciting venture for me. And I was actively raising my girls - they would have been 8, 11 & 14 then - they are all 3 in college now. Peace Weavers, my yarn business had gone from two or three shows a year & mail order to just Maryland Sheep & Wool - we made this change in 1997.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- prepare reports for tomorrow's Executive Committee
- follow up on school & performer calls
- finish packing for my trip to Northampton, Massachusetts
- go to physical therapy
- iron some clothes while watching Monarch of the Glen

3) Snacks I enjoy:
- fresh pineapple
- roasted almonds

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- tell my husband to retire!
- build or buy my dream teaching studio/loom museum
- take a real vacations - visit New Zealand, Scotland, China.
- create the ultimate retirement community for my elders, with a day care center, a plant nursery and an animal shelter on site.
- pay off my kids college loans

5) All the places I have lived:
Chatham, New York
Alexandria, Virginia
Harrisonburg VA,
Durango, Colorado
Plainfield, VT
Boston, MA
Plainfield, East Calais, West Wheelock VT
Bluemont, Berryville VA
I've actually lived in the same house now since 1985!

6) Peeps I want to know more about:

Jennifer (back at ya!)
Joanne
Annmarie
Sheila
Anne


Here is the obligatory quizzy thing-

64 words

Speedtest

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Good to know more about you, friend! Now I have to see how fast I type these days. Used to be super fast...

Joanne said...

OK, not super fast, but 76 words per minute! (used to be 85. Must be slowing down in my old age?!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melissa....it was a great exercise...I loved hearing about youyou ;)