I've been memed. For the first time! Jennifer memed me today, so here goes:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
- Well, much of what I'm doing now, but at a different phase of life - working for the Bluemont Concert Series, which my husband founded in 1979 and we have been running together since we met in 1982. I started teaching weaving, knitting & needlework classes at the John C, Campbell Folk School in 1997, so that was a new and exciting venture for me. And I was actively raising my girls - they would have been 8, 11 & 14 then - they are all 3 in college now. Peace Weavers, my yarn business had gone from two or three shows a year & mail order to just Maryland Sheep & Wool - we made this change in 1997.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- prepare reports for tomorrow's Executive Committee
- follow up on school & performer calls
- finish packing for my trip to Northampton, Massachusetts
- go to physical therapy
- iron some clothes while watching Monarch of the Glen
3) Snacks I enjoy:
- fresh pineapple
- roasted almonds
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- tell my husband to retire!
- build or buy my dream teaching studio/loom museum
- take a real vacations - visit New Zealand, Scotland, China.
- create the ultimate retirement community for my elders, with a day care center, a plant nursery and an animal shelter on site.
- pay off my kids college loans
5) All the places I have lived:
Chatham, New York
Plainfield, East Calais, West Wheelock VT
Bluemont, Berryville VA
I've actually lived in the same house now since 1985!
6) Peeps I want to know more about:
Jennifer (back at ya!)
Here is the obligatory quizzy thing-